Phone Set-up Instructions
TekNekk is available on Android (iPhone coming soon). While the children’s phone devices must be Android, the child’s phone is actually controlled by accessing the Parental Remote-Control website from any electronic device (Android, IOS, tablet, laptop, or desktop). Set-up is done only once on each child’s device, and only accessed to make updates from Google Play Store, when released.
Phone Set-Up Instructions
*Note: App installation on each phone is intended for device set-up purposes only. To use TekNekk, you should always go to the Parental Remote-Control Website at www.tek-nekk.com.
Follow the instructions carefully and allow yourself enough time to complete the phone set-up process. Collect and lay parent’s and all children’s phones side-by-side on a table. The TekNekk app will need to be downloaded and set-up individually for each specific user on each phone. Important – Each feature on each phone must be completely set-up and all permissions accepted, even if you will not be using all features on each child’s device, for the TekNekk app to function properly. Leave no button untouched!
Admin Account Set-up (Parent with an Android Phone)
- From parent’s Android phone, go to the “Google Play Store” and Download the TekNekk App.
- Once download is complete, open the app and select “Create Account”
- On the Sign-Up page, create the Admin Account by providing your profile information, choosing a username and password, and clicking “Sign-Up” (this will direct you to the app’s log-in page).
- Log-in with your Admin username and password. You are now on the Users page.
- Your Admin account is now active!
Optional: The parent can choose to add him/herself as a “User” to control their own device by following the instructions below. Otherwise, skip to the section titled Child’s Phone Set-up.
- Press the camera icon to add your (parent) name, picture, and emergency contacts. Click Add User.
- If prompted to “Activate device administrator” or “Draw over other apps” – please accept.
- You should now be on the “Welcome Page” (if not, click on your User image)
- Your account has been activated! Please read welcome information
- You can close the app. Skip to Child’s Phone Setup section.
Admin Account Setup (Parent without an Android Phone)
Parents without an Android Phone (ex: iPhone, etc.) must skip the section above and set up the Admin account from one of their child’s Android phones.
- From child’s phone go to the “Google Play Store” and Download the TekNekk App.
- Open app and select “Create Account”
- On the Sign-Up page, create the Admin Account by providing your (parent) profile information, choosing a username and password, and clicking “Sign-Up” (this will direct you to the app’s Log-in page).
- Log-in with your username and password (do not auto-save).
- You are now on the Users page. Do not add yourself (parent) as the User. This screen is meant to add the child managing this specific phone device.
- Close app and skip to step 3 of the Child’s Phone Setup section, to set up this device for the child.
Child’s Phone Set-Up
- After setting-up the (admin account), set-up child one’s phone.
- From the Google Play Store, Download the TekNekk App on child’s phone.
- Open app and select “Log in”
- Log in with the parent’s user ID and password (do not auto-save or share log-in credentials with child).
- Once on the User page, press the camera icon to add child’s name, picture, and emergency phone numbers. Click “Add User”
- You will be prompted to activate the device administrator permission, please activate.
- The child account has been activated! You are now on the Welcome page.
- If using a Premium plan, go to Child Device Premium Set-Up Follow the instructions for this one-time premium set-up.
- You can close the app and continue on to repeat the set up for all other children, from each of their phones separately.
- You can start using Teknekk by logging into the Parental Remote Control.
*To prevent unwanted uninstalls, “hide” the Teknekk app from the child’s phone through the Parental Remote-Control.
Parental Remote-Control Website
Once all phones are set up, log-in to the Parental Remote-Control to start using TekNekk.
- On parent’s phone open the TekNekk app.
- Click on “Parental Remote-Control” – this will direct you to the parental admin website.
- Log-in with the parent’s same user ID and password.
- You are now in the Remote-Control Website.
- Use dropdown to select the child’s phone you want to control.
- Start using TekNekk to control your child’s phone!
- You can also access the Parental Remote-Control Website from any device by visiting www.Tek-nekk.com.
Upgrading to Premium
Upgrade to Premium must be done from Parent’s phone.
- On parent’s phone open the TekNekk app.
- Click on “Log-in” and log in with the parent’s user ID and password.
- Click on “Upgrade to Premium”
- Choose the desired number of child accounts and plan (monthly, 6 months, 12 months).
- Review the transaction details and click “Subscribe”. You should now be subscribed!
- From the menu click on Child Device Premium. Follow the instructions for the one-time device set-up.
- Enjoy Teknekk and access all premium features from the Parental Remote-Control!
The Premium Set-Up is for Premium plan users only (not free plan users.) This one-time child device set-up must be done from each child’s personal phone, separately. Do not set-up this section in parent’s phone, as parent’s account is not meant to be controlled.
- Make sure all phones have been set-up individually for each specific phone.
- Take the child’s phone and open the TekNekk App.
- Log-in with the parent’s user ID and password (do not auto-save).
- ***You are now in the Users page …choose image???
- Click on the menu on the top left side of the screen and go to Premium Set-Up.
- You will need to set-up each of the 4 features on this page one at a time.
- Click on the first feature – Instant Screen Time-Out.
- To activate this feature, turn switch to “On”. You may be guided through one or more device permission screens. Choose “TekNekk” if needed and allow or activate permissions.
- To exit some device permission screens, press back on the top of the screen if needed
- Once set-up is successful for the feature go back to the Premium Set-Up Page
- Complete 3 features left (Text Neck Prevention, No Teen Texting While Driving, and PG13 Content Prevention)
- Once all 4 features are completely set-up, go to Parental Remote-Control Website (Tek-nekk.com) from the parent’s phone or any device to use TekNekk.
*If locked out of the phone, you can unlock any feature from the Parental Remote Control Website (www.Tek-nekk.com).
–PARENTS SHOULD NOT SAVE THEIR USER ID’S AND PASSWORDS ON CHILDREN’S PHONES!–